Running a charity or not-for-profit organisation carries with it a lot of responsibility and obligations, from the day-to-day running of your organisation through to the maximisation of your fundraising efforts.
All the while charity leaders must ensure they remain compliant with the complex regulatory regimes that dictate charity finances and management.
With so much to consider, it makes sense to work alongside advisers who understand charity’s governance, accountancy, audit and tax requirements.
We can help to alleviate much of the stress of running a charity by helping your organisation to remain compliant and operate as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Our charities and not-for-profit specialists have years of experience supporting a wide range of organisations with their affairs, helping them to prepare accounts and audits that meet the latest regulatory requirements.
Our services include:
- Advice on charity structures
- Advice on cost-effective financial systems and controls
- Advice on managing reserves
- Compliance with the Charity Commission’s regulatory requirements
- External and internal audits
- Payroll support, including advice on benefits in kind, redundancy and pensions
- The preparation of accounts compliant with the Charities’ Statement of Recommended Practices (SORP) and other relevant legislation
- The preparation accounts for friendly, industrial and provident societies (FIPs), working men’s clubs, credit unions and other mutual societies regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Support with trading activities and the setting up and management of subsidiaries
- Tax and VAT advice.
Guide to the role of trustees
We can also provide advice on the selection and management of trustees and support boards with the governance of their organisation. To find out more about our expertise in this area please read our guide below:
For more information about our services or to arrange a free, no-obligation meeting, please contact us.
How we can help
Our team, led by charity specialist Corné von Wielligh, will work with your organisation and its trustees to make the management of your charity simpler and less stressful – so you can focus on raising money for your core activities and purposes.
By seeking out professional advice and support you can ensure your organisation remains compliant at all times.
To find out how we can help you, why not speak to our dedicated charity team today.